banner image for department blog

Featured Artist Kassidi Yosko

General Announcements, New Resource, Special Event or Display

The Architecture, Design, and Art Library proudly presents the work of featured artist ‘22-23 Kassidi Yosko. Her exhibit, KASSIFYS Hyperrealism, will be on view until December 2022. 

Statement 
Drawing saved my life multiple times throughout my life. The journey started when I was a little girl and needed to escape from the negativity of the world. You get lost in drawing; it unintentionally became a form of meditation. Every stroke, every detail, my soul goes into every piece. Each time I improve it’s because I went through something and poured those emotions on the paper. These moments’ drive me to do more. To work longer. The long hours and long months I spend using the pencil on one piece… can’t live without that experience. Hopefully the world can see through my work how passionate I am and just how much I love drawing.

Bio
Kassidi Yosko, otherwise known as KASSIFY. 23 years old born and raised in Houston, TX. Been attending UH for 6 years now and in my last year of architecture school. I lost my older brother at the beginning of my college career, then a close friend in the middle, and then my mother a year ago. So outside of architecture I go through so much and art is my ability to get away from all of it. I plan to aim for NYC after graduation for my career in architecture but also so my art can be seen and appreciated on higher levels.