UH Libraries Launches READ Campaign

UH READ campaign

UH READ campaign

The University of Houston Libraries has begun a new campaign to celebrate reading and lifelong learning.

The UH READ campaign follows in the tradition of the American Library Association (ALA) Celebrity READ posters that first appeared in 1985. The first group of UH READ posters feature UH faculty and librarians who have recently been promoted and/or achieved tenure, along with Paula Myrick Short, senior vice president for academic affairs and provost; Leonard Baynes, dean of the UH Law Center; Alan Dettlaff, dean of the UH Graduate College of Social Work; and Earl Smith III, dean of the UH College of Optometry.

Dean of Libraries Lisa German was moved to establish the UH READ campaign owing to a strong personal connection with reading.

“A lifelong love of reading was nurtured by my father,” German said. “When I was a baby and through early childhood he read me a story every night before bed. I believe this made me the reader I am today and I love watching my daughter now read to her son.”

Dean German is enthusiastic about reading and its impact on personal and professional development, and aims to convey that message with the UH READ campaign. The posters are on display in the MD Anderson Library Leisure Reading area.

View UH READ campaign photos.

Posted on May 10th, 2016 by Esmeralda Fisher and filed under Announcements | Comments Off on UH Libraries Launches READ Campaign