It is our policy that all library users have access to materials that are complete, UNMARKED, and well-organized. Therefore, in accordance with the UH Libraries Code of Conduct, and as an extension of our Score Clean-Up and Maintenance Project, the Music Library has instituted a fine for each item that is returned to the library with writing and/or markings created by the borrowing patron.
HOW DOES THIS POLICY AFFECT YOU?
- BEFORE you bring an item to the circulation desk for check-out, carefully inspect the score and all parts for markings or damage.
- Alert Music Library Staff to all markings or damage
- Pre-existing conditions will be noted, and you will not be held responsible for them when you return the item.
- For scores returned to the Music Library with markings and/or damage that has NOT been noted by library staff:
- A fine of $10 will be applied to your account to cover the cost of erasing and repairing the item
- If the markings and/or damage are irreparable, you will be charged a replacement fee for the item