You will now be able to change your CougarNet password from off campus!
This means that users who receive new CougarNet accounts (this includes sponsored accounts) no longer need to physically come to campus to change their initial password from a computer configured for CougarNet domain. However, because they do not know the password, they must update/change their password before the account can be used.
Once the password has been updated or changed online via the Computer Account Management (CAM) site, customers can directly use library services, AccessUH, VPN services, etc immediately. To use the CAM site, customers will need to know their myUH ID number (PeopleSoft Number).
All other features about the CougarNet account will remain the same, i.e.:
- Please change your password at: http://www.uh.edu/infotech/password
- Customers will be locked out of their CougarNet account after 5 failed attempts. The account will be unlocked after 30 minutes of non-usage of the CougarNet account.
- Customers are still required to use a strong password for this system, see http://www.uh.edu/infotech/php/template.php?account_id=76
- Passwords expire every 90 days
- Passwords are case sensitive
- Customers cannot use their UserID, First, Middle, or Last name as part of their password
- Account creation and password resets will still take 10 minutes from time of submission. To access the library, you will have to wait 30 minutes after you change your password.