UH Librarian Selected for ARL Leadership Fellows Program

Annie Wu was selected as a 2016-2017 ARL Leadership fellow.

Annie Wu, head of Metadata and Digitization Services at the University of Houston Libraries, was selected as a 2016-2017 fellow of the Association of Research Libraries Leadership Fellows program.

The ARL Leadership Fellows program is designed and sponsored by ARL member libraries to facilitate the development of future senior-level leaders in large research libraries and archives. The program engages library staff who have the desire and potential for leadership at ARL libraries.

“I believe that the ARL Leadership Fellows program will further enrich my knowledge and skills in leadership and career development, and will allow me to achieve my ultimate goal of contributing to the success of research libraries,” Wu said. “Twenty-first century librarianship is dynamic and changing. We are facing challenges with the impact of cultural and technological transformation. The ARL Leadership Fellows program will give me exposure to current issues affecting research libraries, increase my awareness and understanding of the challenges, and prepare me to respond to these challenges with strategic vision.”

“The Association of Research Libraries’ program is highly competitive, and Annie Wu’s selection as an ARL Leadership fellow is a reflection of her terrific executive leadership potential,” dean Lisa German said. “I am so pleased that she was chosen. I look forward to her continued advancement as a leader and as a merited representative of the University of Houston.”

Wu has worked in both academic and corporate environments since graduating from the MLIS program at the University of Wisconsin at Madison in 1998. She has held supervisory and management roles for over 15 years. Prior to UH, Wu was the operations manager at the Technical Information Center of Corning Incorporated. Before joining Corning Inc., she was the cataloging supervisor at the University of North Carolina at Wilmington Randall Library.

Wu actively contributes to the advancement of librarianship through scholarly publications and presentations. She holds a record of service in national and state level committees and interest groups, as well as in local libraries and communities.

Wu was previously selected as a fellow of the ARL Leadership and Career Development Program (LCDP), an 18-month program designed to prepare mid-career librarians from traditionally underrepresented racial and ethnic minority groups to take on increasingly demanding leadership roles in ARL libraries.

Posted on November 24th, 2015 by Esmeralda Fisher and filed under Announcements | Comments Off on UH Librarian Selected for ARL Leadership Fellows Program