subscribe to this blog!

blogs

Student Art Exhibit opening Friday, February 22nd

categories: Announcements

The Sixth Annual UH Libraries’ Student Art Exhibition will open Friday, February 22nd at 5:00 pm on the third floor of the M.D. Anderson Library. Attendees will experience the original work of up-and-coming UH artists from multiple classifications and academic departments. Attendees will also have the opportunity to mingle with the student artists themselves, as well as the exhibition’s jurors and organizers.

This exhibit was juried by Raphael Rubinstein, author, UH professor, and former editor of Art in America,  Susan Sutton, Curatorial Assistant at the Menil Collection, Katherine Veneman, Curator of Education at UH’s Blaffer Art Museum, and Christine Jelson West, Executive Director of Lawndale Art Center.

Features the work of:  Peter Broz, Araceli Casas, Jose Cordova, Brenda Cruz, Chanquilla Gordon, Vladimir Hernandez, Lan Hoang, Darwin Itzep, Greg Jackson, Daniar  Listyasari, Lauren Fort, Linh O’Briant, Frederick Ockrassa, Tiffany Perez, Sandra de la Rosa, Sonakshee Shree, Jason Wilkinson, Amy Wright, and Brandon Zech.

2 thoughts on “Student Art Exhibit opening Friday, February 22nd

1. I am an artist but I am a political science major. I would like to know if I would be granted the privilege to display my work. I have a portfolio at hand, and a few pieces I feel would be greatly appreciated by the student body.

2. We are happy to take submissions from students of all majors and classifications. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to show your work this year because the jury has already met and selected works for the 2013 exhibit. The Student Art Exhibit is an annual event, though, so look for a call for artists next January. We post flyers and make an announcement on the library websites.